Last updated: 10 August 2022
Why and who?
Workbee cares about privacy and protecting the Personal Data handled by us. This means that we care about your personal integrity and actively work to protect it.
In this Policy we overall describe how and the purposes for which we use your Personal Data as well as what lawful basis we use and what measures we take to protect Personal Data. We also provide information on how you exercise the rights you have linked to our Processing of Personal data.
This Policy provides information on how we handle Personal Data when you communicate with us, use the Services or visit our website /
(together the "Functions").
The intended recipient of the information provided in this Policy is:
- "Applicable Law" refers to the legislation applicable to the Processing of Personal Data, including the GDPR, supplementary national legislation, as well as practices, guidelines and recommendations issued by a national or EU supervisory authority.
- "Controller" is the company/organisation that decides for what purposes and in what way personal data is to be processed and is responsible for the Processing of Personal Data in accordance with Applicable Law.
- "Data Subject" is the living, natural person whose Personal Data is being processed.
- "Personal Data" is all information relating, directly or indirectly, to an identifiable natural person.
- "Processing" means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal data, e.g. storage, modification, reading, handover and similar.
- "Processor" is the company/organisation that processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller and can therefore only process the Personal Data according to the instructions of the Controller and the Applicable Law.
- "The Services" offers private individuals (“Talent User”) so-called General Fixed-Term Employment. The Services provided matches Talent Users with businesses (“Business User”) that request Talent Users for short-term services. Workbee provides a tool for Users who, through the Service, can submit and accept offers regarding the performance of various types of services. Business Users can use the Service to issue a Request to the Platform for a service to be performed. The Platform then matches Business Users with Talent Users most suitable for the service to be performed. Talent Users selected for the role by the Platform are issued an interest notice. Talent Users can then accept or reject an offer to, or express an interest to, provide this service to the Business User. The Business User may, following an acceptance or an expression of interest by the Talent User, choose to enter into an agreement with the Talent User regarding the performance of the service by confirming the Talent User for the service. The Gig performed as a result of the closed agreement constitutes “Mediated Service”. (“Services”). More information about the Services can be found on the Site and in the Apps.
- "Special Category of Personal Data" or "Sensitive Personal Data" means any information that reveals ethnic origin, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data to uniquely identify a natural person, health information or information about a physical person's sexual life or sexual orientation.
The definitions above shall apply in the Policy regardless if they are capitalised or not.
Workbee's role as a Controller
The information in this Policy covers Personal Data Processing for which Workbee is the Controller. As a Controller we are responsible for the Processing for which we decide the purpose of ("the why") and the means for the Processing (what methods, what Personal Data and for how long it is stored. The Policy does not describe how we Process Personal Data in the role of a Processor - i.e. when we process Personal Data on behalf of our customers.
Workbee collects various types of information about the user when you register an account and use our service. Depending on whether you are a Business or a Talent User, it is not absolutely necessary that we will process all of this information in your particular case.
Workbee's Processing of Personal Data
We have a responsibility to describe and demonstrate how we fulfill the requirements that are imposed on us when we Process your Personal Data. This section aims to give you an understanding of what type of Personal Data we Process and on what reasons.
For how long do we store your Personal Data?
We will keep your Personal Data as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Depending on the lawful basis on which we support the Processing, this may a) be regulated in a contract, b) be dependent on valid consent, c) be stated in legislation or d) follow by an internal assessment based on a legitimate interest assessment (LIA). In the list below, we indicate, where possible, the period during which the Personal Data will be stored and the criteria used to determine the storage period.
We never store your Personal Data longer than neccessary and delete Personal Data regularly. Workbee also takes reasonable actions to keep the Personal Data being Processed updated and to delete outdated and otherwise incorrect or redundant Personal Data.
The main purpose of the data processing undertaken by us is to provide, carry out and improve our services to you. There are several different reasons why we may need to collect, manage and save your data.
We mainly Process the following types of Personal Data:
- Contact details to be able to confirm your identity, to verify your personal and contact details and to be able to communicate with you
- Information on your usage of the service or product to improve our services provided to you
- IP-address to perform customer analysis and for content on our site to be presented effectively to you and the device you use
- Consumption patterns to be able to provide you with specific offers
- Payment information to be able to offer e.g. direct debit and other payment options
- Account Information: When you create an account as a Business User you need to provide first name, last name, address, telephone number, email address, personal identity number and organization number. If you as a Talent User create a user account, you need to provide a first name, last name, address, telephone number, email address, and personal identity number. As a Talent User, you also need to set the professional role(s) that you desire to be searchable for when a business is looking for Talent, as well as information surrounding work experience, education, availability, and disability. As a Talent User, you also need to create an account with Gigapay (www.gigapay.se) in order to receive salary payments. Your personal information may need to be used to answer, investigate, and resolve complaints that may arise in the Gigs performed. This is done in order to offer an error-free service to all parties involved. Your personal information will also be used for handling insurance matters if you, for example. would be injured at work. This is necessary so that you can make the best use of the accident insurance that Workbee has for you.
- Rating / Reviews: After a Talent User has performed a Mediated Service through Workbee, the business has the possibility to leave a rating of the Talent who performed the Mediated Service, which will affect the rating of the Talent User. The business also has the opportunity to write a short review. Ratings and reviews are visible to all users of the Service so do not write any sensitive or personal information in the review. Talent Users may also provide a rating for Gigs which will affect the rating of a Business User.
How do we get access to your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data in a number of different ways. We mainly get access to your Personal Data:
- By you providing your Personal Data to us
- By socialmedia e.g. Facebook or other media
- Through third-party analysis technology ex. cookies
- Through our logs
- Through information created from data analysis
- Through generated information that has been obtained internally
In order for us to be able to process your Personal Data, it is required that we have so-called legal basis for each process. In our business, we process your personal data mainly on the following grounds:
- Consent - Workbee may process your personal data after you have given your consent to the Processing. Information regarding the processing is always provided in connection to the request of consent.
- Performance of a contract - The Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract entered between us and the Data Subject, or to prepare for entering into an agreement with the Data Subject.
- Legitimate interest - Workbee may process Personal Data if we have assessed that a legitimate interest overrides the interest of fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject, and if the processing is necessary for the purpose in question.
- Legal obligation - We are required by laws and regulations to process Personal Data as a result of our business.
You are the one in control of your Personal Data and we always strive to ensure that you can exercise your rights as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
- Access - You always have the right to receive information about the Processing of data that concerns you. We only provide information if we have been able to verify that it is you that are requesting the information.
- Rectification - If you find that the Personal Data we process about you is incorrect, let us know and we will fix it!
- Erasure - Do you want us to completely forget about you? You have the right to be forgotten and request deletion of your Personal Data when the Processing is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If we are required to retain your information under applicable law or a contract that we have entered with you, we will ensure that it is processed only for the specific purpose set forth in such applicable law or contract. We will thereafter erase the information as soon as possible.
- Objections - Do you disagree with our assessment that a legitimate interest for Processing your Personal Data overrides your interest in protecting your privacy? Don't worry - in such case, we will review our legitimate interest assessment. Of course, we add your objection to the balance and make a new assessment to see if we can still justify our Processing of your Personal Data. If you object to direct marketing, we will immediately delete your personal information without making an assessment.
- Restriction - You can also ask us to restrict our Processing of your Personal Data
- Whilst we are Processing a request from you for any of your other rights;
- If, instead of requesting erasure, you want us to limit the Processing of Personal Data for a specific purpose. For example, if you do not want us to send advertising to you in the future, we still need to save your name in order to know that we should not contact you; or
- In cases where we no longer need the information in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, provided that you do not have an interest in retaining it to make a legal claim.
- Data portability - We may provide you with the data that you have submitted to us or that we have received from you in connection with a contract that we have entered with you. You will receive your information in a commonly used and machine-readable format that you can transfer to another personal data manager.
- Withdraw consent - If you have given consent to one or several specific Processing(s) of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and thus ask us to terminate the Processing immediately. Please note that you can only withdraw your consent for future Processing of Personal Data and not for Processing that has already taken place.
How you use your rights
Right to object to treatment - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for legitimate interests. In that case, we must either prove that there are legitimate reasons for the treatment, which outweigh your interests or stop the treatment. Right to access and move your data - You can at any time request a copy of your personal information and information on how it has been collected, used, shared, etc. Right to delete data - You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted if these are no longer necessary for the purpose for which the data was collected, or if there is no legal basis for processing the data. Right to correct incorrect information - You have the right to request that incorrect personal data be corrected. You also have the right to supplement incomplete personal data. You can change any of your information yourself directly in the Service. Right to restriction - You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted until incorrect information has been corrected or an objection from you has been investigated.
Transfer of personal data
In order to run our business, we may need help from others who will process Personal Data on our behalf, so-called Processors.
In cases where our Processors transfer Personal Data outside the EU/EEA, we have ensured that the level of protection is adequate, and in compliance with Applicable Law, by controlling that either of the following requirements are fulfilled:
- the EU Commission has determined that the level of protection is adequate in the third country where the data is processed;
- the Processor has signed up to the EU Commission's standard contract clauses (SCCs) for data transfer to non-EU/EEA countries; or
- the Processor has taken other appropriate safeguards prior to the transfer and that such safeguards comply with Applicable law.
We have entered into Data Processing Agreements (DPA) with all our Processors. The DPA sets out, among other things, how the Processor may process the Personal Data and what security measures are required for the Processing.
We may also need to disclose your personal information to certain designated authorities in order to fulfill obligations under applicable law or legally binding judgements.
Workbee has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Data is processed securely and protected from loss, abuse and unauthorised access.
Our security measures
Organisational security measures are measures that are implemented in work methods and routines within the organisation.
- Internal governance documents (policys/instructions)
- Login and password management
- Information security policy
Technical security measures are measures implemented through technical solutions.
- Access control level
- Access log
- Secure network
- Regular security inspection
- Two-step verification
If we don't keep our promise
If you think that we are not Processing your Personal Data correctly, even after you have notified us of this, you are always entitled to submit your complaint to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection.
More information about our obligations and your rights can be found at https://www.imy.se/
You can contact the authority via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
We reserve the rights to make changes to this Policy. In the event that the change affects our obligations or your rights, we will inform you about the changes in advance so that you are given the opportunity to take a position on the updated policy.
Please contact us if you have questions about your rights or if you have any other questions about how we process your personal information: